Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wordle Resume Analysis

It's been a busy few weeks for me, what with starting my new gig and wrapping up my last class until next fall. So, it's time to ease back into blogging. To start, here's a neat little activity you can do with your resume that I discovered at Kerry Sandberg Scott's blog Clue Wagon:

  1. Go to wordle.net.
  2. Copy-and-paste your text resume.
  3. See how it looks. Do you see a lot of action verbs? Do you reuse the same ones over and over? Is it too heavy on the buzzwords and acronyms?
I thought this was pretty cool. I'm familiar with Wordle and knew about its potential uses for text analysis, but I would never have thought to have used it for something like this. A big thank you to Kerry for showing us this!

2 comments:

  1. This is a lot of fun to do! Another thing that you can do if you really feel eager to copy and paste is to take your testimonials from LinkedIn and paste them in to Wordle. It may give a pretty good picture about what the consistent message is.

    Welcome back.

    Looking forward,
    Michael Long
    The Red Recruiter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I don't have any testimonials to do that with, unfortunately, but when I do I will try that out.

    ReplyDelete